Posted in "Daily" pages
Topsy turvy morning
It’s been one of those mornings that just wouldn’t go according to plan. Started well albeit a bit sleepily, but I enjoyed waking up into a home that’s free of clutter. Puttering amounted to putting yesterday’s folded laundry away, emptying the dishwasher and refilling it with a few items from last night, and enjoying the bright sunny day.
It was too bright to work at the table, so after my little meditation break I moved to my desk, which shifted me into Getting Things Done mode rather than morning routine mode, so it’s 9:30 and I’m starving but just getting to the blog post and still need exercise before brekkies. This will be brief. 🙂
Yesterday’s goals were:
- Weave in ends in projects
- Illustrator class- at least 1 hour, preferably more
- First draft of tee shirt tutorial
- Daily zentangle
- Metrix textile night
Yesterday’s extra accomplishments were:
- Researched cloud back-ups since my network server has crashed AGAIN. Found Google’s “Glacier” and a new service called “My Shoebox” for photo storage. I’m going to move things there as soon as I get around to it.
- Researched a journalling ap to track my “done” list. Found “Day One” which has mac and iOS versions that sync beautifully through Dropbox or iCloud. I’m well pleased with this solution, and will be setting up hourly alarms today to get me to log my progress at regular intervals during my “work” day.
- Took a first pass at organizing the basement. Games are properly stored, and everything is off the floor and surfaces that was taken downstairs last weekend. Most of it is in the general vicinity of where it should live, and just needs a bit more organization.
- Created a flyer for “Hack your clothes night” at Metrix, which will be every Monday. It’s in draft now; Matt and Plamena have ideas for how to make it better. I made it in InDesign. I thought it would be quick and simple for me to toss it off and start on the tee shirt tutorial- not so much. Learning new tools is a bitch. 🙂
- Illustrator class for at least an hour
- Complete flyer for Hack Your Clothes night and get it posted
- Begin outline for Machine Knitting class
- Begin tee shirt tutorial
- Show up at Metrix for the proto- textile class night
Today’s accomplishment so far:
- Submitted a pattern proposal for a new sweater pattern
- Posted FO pics for a sweater from last weekend’s photo shoot: