Posted in "Daily" pages
The Good Kind of Crazy
Yesterday, again, did not go to plan. Morning was ticking along when I got an email about something I’m not going to talk about yet except to say that during the conversation the awesome thing got even more awesome, and ended with an impromptu in-person meeting.
The afternoon was spent at Metrix, where there was a lot of conversation about the up and coming Awesome Thing, and awesome things in general.
The evening was spent starting to decommission my old desktop, which is sad and tired. I’m pushing my photos and music up into the cloud. I moved my files to Dropbox a year or so ago. Over the next couple days I will get to a point where my computers are effectively terminals with applications and scratch drives, and all my data is cloud based.
Today I’m determined to create content for Hack Your Clothes. I’m going to start with a page on common tools and why one may want them. I need to get something concrete done. There has been lots of effort and progress, but it’s all been pretty intangible since I got back from vacation, at least in the direction of eventually having an income stream. The Zentangles, house cleaning, and gardening are helping me stay sane, but I need to see progress on the new site today to feel good.
- Blog post
- Finish planters
- Boot up the mini and start clearing it off
- Go to Metrix to retrieve power brick and talk to Matt
- Begin outline for Machine Knitting class
- Begin tee shirt tutorial
- Seeekrit Thing!!!
- Got flyer approved by Matt to post
- Chauffeur David
- Create a “Tools” glossary, with index
- Create an outline for the Machine Knitting class
- 3D printer night
- Went to Lowes for a mirror and for irrigation supplies
- Made oatmeal for the next two weeks